I spent a HUGE amount of time this summer planning and I am very organized. I have my supplies and plans in place, I have back up plans... and yet there is still just SO much to do! I just don't think I realized how time consuming everything can be.
After one week in, here are some teaching truths that I've learnt the hard way:
- Invest in truly comfy and supportive shoes
- Pack lunches that can be eaten on the go
- Somehow drink enough liquids to stay hydrated, but not enough
that you need to go to the bathroom because there is no time!
- The photocopier/printer will break on the day your students lose
- Caffeine, at any time of the day, is a good idea
Teaching is definitely a busy job but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Do you have any teaching truths to share!?