1 ) Resource Lists To Accompany Grade 8: Math Makes Sense
- If your school has the Math Makes Sense set of textbooks from Pearson
then you might find this website really helpful! The Hastings & Prince
Edward District School Board has put together a list of online resources
that align with each of the chapters in the Math Makes Sense textbook.
- Resources include activities for the SMART Board, supplementary
practice, and enrichment options. If you follow the textbook closely in
your classroom then you will appreciate that they've even gone as
detailed as to list the page numbers that they are aligned with!
- If you are like me and don't necessarily use a textbook, this website
still has a lot of supplementary math resources that can be used to teach
the concepts in Grade 8 math!
2 ) Explore The MathTwitterBlogosphere (MTBoS)
- This 8-week series of challenges are designed to assist
educators in exploring the online resources that can be found
through Twitter, Blogs, etc. This is the perfect challenge for educators
who are interested in expanding the PLN and connecting with other
educators who are sharing about their experiences with math.
- As a new math teacher I am really looking forward to finding other
educators who are blogging about math. I hope to connect with
educators and find some lesson plan ideas that I can modify for my
- Follow them on Twitter at @ExploreMTBos
Happy Monday everyone!