Friday 27 September 2013

#FunShirtFriday

     One of our school goals is to build in classroom spirit activities/routines for our students as a way to help foster school spirit and classroom community. One activity that I came up with for our class is #FunShirtFriday that I've seen on Twitter.

     Every Friday, I encourage my students to wear a "fun shirt" to school. Over the summer I found a lot of funny and interesting shirts online related to math, science, art, and teaching in general so I was pretty excited to share these with my students.

     To take this spirit activity one step further, we have begun charting our class #FunShirtFriday participation using a bar graph. Our final math unit of the year is Statistics & Probability so I plan on creating a project out of the data that we'll collect throughout the year!

     Here is my "fun shirt" for today! Of course, while at school, I also wear a blazer to still meet our teacher dress code. You can get your own at: http://lessonplandiva.spreadshirt.com/study-maybe-A13328638/customize/color/134

#FunShirtFriday in school

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting!