1 ) "Buy A Dictionary" Posters
- In my classroom I strive to provide a risk-free environment where all
students are free to be themselves without fear of discrimination based on
disability, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other means.
- One aspect of this includes using positive language and staying away from
phrases that have negative connotations associated with them. These two
posters, created by Alison Rowan Designs, do a great job of showcasing
all of the other options that are available in place of sayings that can be
2 ) Need Help Now
- Social media plays a BIG role in our student's lives and, unfortunately, they
sometimes find that there is too much information about them available online.
Whether they have purposefully shared this information, or they find themselves
the victims of having someone else share information/pictures/videos/etc without
their permission, this website is a great support.
- This website gives students practical information and support in regards to getting
pictures/videos of themselves removed from online sources, dealing with peers who
are distributing these pictures/videos, providing counselling support and much
* Download your own copy of the poster below at
Happy Monday everyone!