Friday 31 May 2013

Graduation Day!

brandon university graduation 2013, BU grad 2013Today my fiance and I graduated with our Bachelor of Education (After Degree)s in the 102nd Convocation at Brandon University (B.U)! We, along with approximately 150 other students, participated in the afternoon graduation ceremony that included students from all different faculties. 
     This is our second degree for both my fiance and I, and we couldn't be more proud of the goals we have achieved over our last six years at B.U. It was a very overwhelming feeling to know that this chapter of our lives was now done and we will be starting our new chapter, as classroom teachers, in just a few short months.

     My fiance graduated with Great Distinction which means he held an average of 3.80 or better (on the 4.30 scale). I graduated with Greatest Distinction which means I held an average of 3.90 or better (on the 4.30 scale). I was also awarded the Brandon University Silver Medal which is awarded to students "deemed by the Departments to have the best academic performance, and who obtain a 3.50 grade point average or better in their area of study."           

     It was so nice to be able to catch up with our class, see who has jobs lined up for next year, and organize plans to meet up in the future. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to spend the last 2-6 years with and graduate together. I want to thank all of the professors who helped us along the way, the teachers who hosted us in their classrooms as student teachers, our families for all of their unwavering support, and everyone else who has been a part of our lives as we made our way through this journey. Best of luck to the graduating class of 2013!
Brandon university faculty of education, brandon university faculty of ed graduation 2013, brandon university faculty of ed senior years
The Faculty of Education Senior Years Grad Class of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!