Monday 8 April 2013

Resources to Start Off Your Week 59

   Last week I missed my Resources to Start Off Your Week post as I was home sick with the stomach flu, but I am happy to say I am feeling much better and back at it! I've used both of these resources in my classroom either during this current student teaching placement or in my previous placements and can say that they are definitely keepers. As always, I will be adding these to my lists of resources under the Fav Websites heading.

1 ) Jamendo
- Jamendo has one of the world's largest collections of royalty-free music
  clips. Songs can be searched by artist, genre, instrument or mood and are
  easily downloaded as MP3 files.
- This is the perfect site if you are asking your students to include music in
  any of their projects but are worried about copyright laws and proper
  attribution.
http://www.jamendo.com/en/

jamendo, royalty free music, copyright free music

2 ) Scholastic Story Starters
- Story Starters is the perfect website if you have students who get
  "writers block" as soon as they sit down to write or often complain that
  they have "no idea what to write about out". Students can choose from
  adventure, fantasy, sci-fi genres or the "scrambler" option that chooses
  randomly.
- This website is incredibly engaging and allows students to pick four
  options from a slot-machine that results in them having a story starter
  including characters and settings that fit in with their genre choice.
* Designed for Grade 5 and under
http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/story-starters/

story starters, writing prompts, story ideas, writing ideas for students

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!