Wednesday 30 October 2013

Lets Convert the US to the Metric System! A Grade 10 Essential Math Persuasive Project

Today my Grade 10 Essential Math class was introduced to their unit project to conclude their unit on Measurement Systems.
If you can remember back to my previous posts, they created board games as their unit project in their last unit on Personal Finance.
 
Here is what they were tasked with today:
 
- Time For A Change -

The United States is the only leading nation not using the metric system,
despite doing business with metric countries thousands of times a day.
Your mission is to create a persuasive Public Service Announcement (P.S.A)
designed to convince the United States to convert to the metric system.
 
Your P.S.A can be in the form of a(n):
                      - Recorded Podcast
                   - Filmed or Performed Commercial
                   - Filmed or Performed News Interview
                   - Informational Video
                   - Series of Poster Ads
                   - Newspaper/Magazine Article
                   - Multi-Media Ad Campaign (shorter video, poster, shorter article)
_____________________________________________
 
(If you'd like a copy of the full assignment with specifications and assessment rubrics, just leave a comment below, I'd be happy to send one your way!)
 
I am really excited to see what my students come up with! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your full assignment with me for your Time for A Change Assignment! I love it :)
    @teachermikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I am sending an email your way right now!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, what is your email!?

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!