1 ) Sporcle
- Sporcle is an online database of fun quizzes and trivia games on a multitude of
different subjects. There are many educational quizzes that could be a great
in-class activity to put up on the SMART Board, an activity for those students
who are done early or even be used as formative assessment.
- The great thing about Sporcle is that you can create your own quizzes so
you can have an online quiz perfectly suited to your classroom. You could also
have students create their own quizzes to demonstrate understanding of the
* Big thanks to a fellow student teacher, Tyler, for sharing this resource with me!
- As part of their research project on "Understanding the Dynamics of Risk and
Protective Factors in Promoting Success in Science and Mathematics", a team
lead by Dr. Robinson at the University of Manitoba has put together a great
list of science resources for teachers.
- This extremely comprehensive list provides detailed resources for EVERY
CLUSTER of the Manitoba Science Curriculum from Grade 5 through Grade
10 as well as Grade 11/12 Chemistry and some Physics. If that wasn't enough
it also has specialty resources for Nunavut.
* So far this is the BEST resource I've found that follows the MB Curriculum,
thank you to everyone who is involved in this project!
Happy Monday everyone!