Monday 18 November 2013

Making Time...

     This past month has been a weird one for me as it has been the first month in almost two years where I haven't been blogging regularly. They say that if something is important to you, you will find a way to make time for it.... My viewpoint towards my blog has not changed. In fact, my time away from my blog made me realize how much it truly meant to me. So much has been happening in my teaching-life over the past few weeks and there has been several times where I have wanted to share it with all of you.

     Unfortunately, I seriously could not find the time. The past few weeks marked my first report card season as a new teacher. I felt prepared... I had taken classes in university on assessment and evaluation, I have been student teaching during report card prep, I've sat in on parent-teacher interviews.... but I was not prepared.

     The last two weeks have been physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting and I've realized that I really had no idea what all went into this time of year. Report cards, however, are now completed and passed out to students and I hope to be able to resume normal scheduling!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it through report card season! It's definitely an exhausting and busy time. Hope you'll be able to relax and enjoy blogging more soon.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!