1 ) Science 360
- This website is an awesome resource if you are looking for
good quality science videos for your classroom. In addition to
shorter film clips, this website also features full series that cover
a variety of topics.
- Users can search videos by a specific series or by topics such as
space, chemistry, the environment, etc. Science 360 also offers an
iPad App, podcasts, and news-based website!
2 ) Canadian Geographic for Kids
- The kids page on the Canadian Geographic site features a lot
of educational information and engaging activities that can easily be
brought into the classroom for a variety of subjects.
- Students can read through articles, play educational games, explore
various maps, read through fun facts, watch videos, get homework
help, or access the interactive atlas.
- This website would be a great one to bookmark on your classroom
computer for when students are done early or are working on
3 ) Choose 2 Matter
- "Choose2Matter is a call to leadership and an accelerator to connect
individuals and communities with a conscience. It combines technology,
innovation and mentorship to solve problems that matter. It's an important
opportunity for business, brands, and communities to join forces in the
causes and issues most important to those they lead and serve. What has been
inspired by students, has lead to the official launch and creation of CHOOSE 2
MATTER - a crowd sourced, social good community."
- This can be a great website if you are looking for take-action projects to
undertake with your students. It could also be used as a launching platform
for inspiration if students are interested in helping out in their own community
but aren't sure of what kind of project to do.
5 ) 16 Useless Infographics
- I love finding applicable infographics to share with my students
and have had them create their own infographics a few times as well.
This image gallery features 16 different infographics that are... well...
pretty much useless. In addition to displaying the infographic, there is
a short explanation about why the infographic is ineffective and what
could be changed to make it more appropriate.
- This is a good gallery to share with your students if they are working
on creating their own infographics because it provides good models of
what not to do!
- If you want to read more about using infographics in the classroom,
read my previous post.
Happy Monday everyone,
hope you had a great long weekend!