Wednesday 3 October 2012

Whole Brain Teaching Wednesday! Student Teaching Thoughts

     Student teaching is just a short 11 days away and I busily attempting to get everything together for the six units that I will be teaching to my Grade 4, 9, 10, 11, and 12 classes! Here is a reminder of what my schedule will look like:
whole braint teaching, whole brain teaching certification video
     I mentioned before that I am going to, hopefully, be filming a video to submit for my WBT Certification while I am student teaching and I already have so many things to consider.
- What class should I be filming?
- Since I will also be using the video for my own personal reflection/growth 
  (and possibly to use during an interview) should I film all my classes?
- Would anyone actually be interesting in watching a video of an ICT class if my 
  students will be looking away from me most of the time? (all of the computers face
  the outside walls of the classroom)
- What will I do if I am unable to film my class? (My principal is working out
  the details but I don't officially have the "green light")

I would love your feedback on these questions!

4 comments:

  1. Miss L,
    So glad to hear that you will be student teaching soon! It sounds like you are more than ready to continue your educational journey, and I'm excited to hear how it goes for you. My personal feeling is that you should video all of your classes. It is such an amazing way to see areas that require improvement, and can help you develop your craft in a more hands on way. I think everyone should video themselves several times a year! it will also give you a better idea of which class you should use for your certification video. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. Meador! I am very excited to get back into the classroom and put my plans to action :) I will definitely be updating as I go along so you can check back if you would like to see how it is turning out :)
      I have been thinking about it and brainstorming with some other student teachers and I agree about filming every class. I know that each class will have a different dynamic which will require me to respond differently so I really want to be able to see that change. Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kirsten!

    Working out the details to be able to video is taxing, but as Mrs. Meador says, the benefit of filming will be so worth it. I look forward to watching your first production!
    Nancy
    Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I hope that it all comes together smoothly :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!