Monday 11 March 2013

Resources To Start Off Your Week 56

     Guess what!? This is my first Resources To Start Off Your Week post since I've been back in the classroom student teaching. As such, I've been finding resources that I can be using in the classroom right now. Luckily, I was able to find two this week that I can't wait to utilize in the upcoming weeks. As always, I will be posting these in my lists of resources under the Fav Websites page.

1 ) Jeremy Norman's From Cave Paintings to the Internet
- This database, "is designed to help you follow the development of
   information and media, and attitudes about them, from the beginning of
   records to the present."
- Users can search chronologically or by theme and search through entries with
   images, maps, text, and links for further inquiry. This is a helpful website to
   showcase a specific time period, type of platform, theme, etc!
- http://www.historyofinformation.com


2 ) How to NOT Steal From the Internet Wiki
- This wiki helps teachers and students learn the ins and outs of utilizing online
   resources while still giving proper attribution to the original creator(s). It
   provides information on the different types of Creative Commons licensing,
   the Manitoba policy on plagiarism, tools to assist in proper attribution, and
   even exemplars to show students.
* This is actually a wiki I helped create with a group of my peers in my
   Internet of Educators class.
http://hownottosteal.wikispaces.com


Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!